Answers about the Young Explorers Montessori® School Franchise
What experience do I need to have to own a Young Explorers Montessori School franchise?
While it is not necessary to have direct experience in a business similar to us, preferred candidates will have demonstrated success in business leadership, managed their personal finances well, and be looking for a rewarding business to own.
To step up to ownership requires a burning desire to have more control over your time, your money, and frankly, your whole life. A realization that your current situation renders you at the mercy of others and that you have absolutely no job security really helps your decision making, because as scary as it is to take out a big fat loan and start something new, it’s even more scary to stay where you are and pretend that you are not, in fact, replaceable.
Young Explorers may be a good fit for you if:
- You are looking for a hands-on, rewarding business
- You have demonstrated a record of successful leadership in business
- You have managed your personal finances well
- You are looking to build equity
Young Explorers may not be a good fit for you if:
- You have a strong desire for creative expression
- You are seeking passive income
- You are not mission oriented
What is provided as part of the Young Explorers Montessori School franchise system?
Here is where the Young Explorers difference shines: In addition to complete training, manuals, systems, and support, we provide the close, personal attention that only a modern, young franchise can. Our franchisees are not a support ticket number; our first franchisees are ones who benefit from great timing, working directly with the founders. Indeed, the first franchisees are the most important, most nurtured ones! It real does pay to be first.
How much will the Young Explorers Montessori School franchise investment cost me?
The projected investment for a start-up Young Explorers Montessori franchise location is between $846,000 and $1,428,000. This investment amount includes an initial franchise fee of $60,000. As with any new business venture, it’s important that you have the capital needed to adequately fund your new business.
We can provide guidance, references, and other assistance to help you with financing options. Usually, as long as you’ve been diligent about managing your personal finances, funding your new business is not a big hurdle.
How much can I make doing this?
The short answer is: a lot. The long answer is in the FDD, the Franchise Discloser Document. Financial representations for Young Explorers Montessori Schools are in Item 19 of this standard required legal document. The FDD also contains much other detailed information that specifically outlines the working relationship between the franchisor and franchisee.
Creating your own equity position is a dream come true for many professionals, because the financial rewards can be greater and longer lasting than working in the corporate world. As your Young Explorers Montessori School(s) becomes more established, they should require less and less of your time. You can focus more on fine tuning and efficiencies, discussing exciting new strategic directions with fellow franchisees, and having more free time.
Is franchising for me?
Franchising can be a good fit for entrepreneurial people who want to be owners, but don’t want to be alone to figure it out by trial and error over time. We provide a different dynamic: working together as you go through new experiences and uncharted waters. Young Explorers Montessori Schools’ business model is proven over time, with thousands of happy families served in varying locations. We know it works.
How do I get started?
- First, contact us to express your interest. We will chat and send you an application that asks for some background information on your goals, work history, and financial information.
- Next, we will meet with you to get to know each other and to discuss your information and our Franchise Disclosure Document, or FDD. We will take plenty of time to answer many questions.
- Continue doing your due diligence by scheduling a meeting with our team, and visiting schools. See closely how the business model works.
- Once we agree that we have a match with each other, you will be awarded a franchise license.
- Before opening and during construction, there will be training for you and your team – online, at our site, and even at your site. As you get closer to your opening day, we will be there with you to prepare for a smooth start.